My Selfishness, His Righteousness

It is becoming more apparent to me on a daily basis of how self-centered I am.  It’s truly saddening to my heart, the extent of my self-righteousness and want for my own ways to be brought into physical effect.  I am not called to such a thing.  


I AM, however, called to the furthering of the name of Jesus Christ, the Maker of all and the Healer of all.  He is the one who grants me the breath that I breathe, the very same breath that I decide will either further my name or His.  It seems so easy to choose the renown of my King, but SO often do I choose my own!  

And yet, He is forgiving and loving to me.  He is the author and the finisher of the faith that has been so freely given to me.  Man, I don’t even deserve to be alive.  The law says that I am to be put to death for the wrongs that I have committed.  Yet, Jesus, in His utter sovereignty, came down in human form to sacrifice Himself on a cross that I may live and possess life to the highest level.  

The old has gone and the new has come.  I will rejoice in the marvelous things He has done!

0 comments: